|35 million people battle every year with trying to find a toe nail fungus treatment that works. Nail fungus can be quite embarassing depending on the situation and seems nearly impossible to get rid of at times.
Toenail fungus is basically caused by the same fungus that causes athlete’s foot. The fungus is a result of a small parasitic fungus called a dermatophyte. They generally infect the surface of the skin and nails.
When you have toenail fungus, your nails will normally become discolored and yellowish. Brittleness and crumbling are also signs of nail fungus. It is also not uncommon for the nail to raise itself from your nail bed. Sometimes, the nail will actually fall off.
Nail fungus is highly contagious so it’s important to avoid situations where you could come in contact with contaminated surfaces. Despite the look, smell and frustration, there are over the counter toenail fungus treatments that can normally cure the problem.
If you are currently dealing with this ailment, here are a few ideas that might help you.
1. First, ensure that you wash your feet and utilize an anti-fungal type soap if at all possible.
2. Dry your feet after washing and do what you can to keep them dry during the work day. Toenail fungus lives best in damp, dark places, so your shoes are an ideal location.
3. It may sound like common sense but always wear clean socks.
4. As mentioned, toenail fungus is quite contagious so walking around barefoot in public spaces can be risky. In addition, wearing another person’s shoes can also put you in danger of contracting foot fungus.
5. Make sure to wear properly fitted shoes as any kind of trauma to the nail could result in fungus problems later. Be advised the some nail injuries are mistaken as fungus.
6. Make sure to keep your toenails cut properly.
7. Avoid internet remedies and self-treatments like bleach and vaginal cream.
If you are searching for an effective toe nail fungus treatment, market health provides an oral or topical formula that has solid to be very successful as a remedy for toenail fungus.